The Cleat Key is the only tool designed to accurately set and quantify the most important part of your bike cleat position: the rotation angle. Duplicate the setting on different pairs of shoes or on a new pair with ease.
A properly positioned cleat ensures maximum power and performance and decreases the risk of injury. An incorrectly placed cleat can result in sub-optimal performance and injury.
Take control of your cleat fit!
Cleat Key Benefits
- Accurately quantify the rotation angle of your cleats
- Easily duplicate your optimal cleat position between different cycling shoes
- Remove the painful trial and error process of cleat positioning
- Reduce the instance of injury
- Increase power and performance
Cleat Key Features
- Robust construction made from aircraft quality components
- Constructed from environmentally-friendly PMMA OM92 acrylic and aircraft-grade 6061 aluminum alloy
- The Cleat Key’s transparent base allows for accurate execution of the cleat fitting process
- The result of 10 years of product development
- Tested and validated on numerous cyclists
- The protocol has already been used to set up the cleats of hundreds of cyclists, from beginner to elite, including over 80 qualifiers to Ironman, IM 70.3, and UCI road cycling world championship events.
The Cleat Key is designed to work with Look Keo and Shimano SPD-SL road cycling cleats, and road shoes that have a 3-hole road cleat bolt pattern*. These include:
- Look Keo
- Look Delta
- Shimano SPD-SL (road-type)
- PowerTap P1 and P2
- Favero Assioma (both Look and Shimano-type)
- Exustar and Wellgo cleats made to be compatible with Look and Shimano road pedals
- NOT suitable for use with TIME cleats.
Use this tool, in conjunction with the designer’s Cleat Key Protocol, to properly install a bike cleat, and most importantly, set the correct cleat rotation angle.
Written instructions are here, or see below for video instructions