FORM Speedplay cleat extender plates offer riders extra adjustability outside the range of the standard Speedplay base plate. This includes rearward adjustment and side-to-side adjustment (medial and lateral adjustment). With three plate options to choose from, there are multiple configurations for you to explore.
The MLR618 is FORM’s most versatile extender plate, offering up to 18mm of additional rearward adjustment combined with up to 6mm of additional medial or lateral adjustment, compared with a standard Speedplay base plate. The plate has three sets of cleat attachment holes, one in the standard position, one in the rearward position, and one in the rearward/medial/lateral position.
If experimentation with foot position is your goal, this is the extender plate for you.
Form Cleat Extender Plate Features & Benefits
- The MLR618 Form Cleat Extender Plate for Speedplay can alleviate pain, discomfort, hot sports and improve cycling efficiency.
- An alternative way to change your pedal stance width outside of buying new pedals or adding to the length of the pedal axle.
- Increase or reduce stance width (Q Factor) for increased comfort in a natural pedaling motion
- Customize your bicycle fit
- Improve hip, knee, and foot alignment
Kit Options (What’s in the Box)?
- L & R – Two plates / base plate screws / cleat screws / mini Torx tool
- L IN / R OUT – Single plate / base plate screws / cleat screws / mini Torx tool
- R IN / L OUT – Single plate / base plate screws / cleat screws / mini Torx tool
- This Form Cleat Extender Plate for Speedplay is designed to use Torx countersunk screws (provided). Using any other screws could produce compromised results.
- In some configurations, minor trimming of the blue Speedplay wedges might be necessary to achieve maximum rearward adjustment. This is easily done with a craft knife, drill, or both.