FORM Speedplay cleat extender plates provide extra adjustability outside the limited range of the standard Speedplay base plate. This includes rearward adjustment and side-to-side adjustment (medial and lateral adjustment). With three plate options to choose from, there are a multitude of configurations for you to explore.
The ML9 is a Speedplay cleat extender plate aimed purely at medial or lateral adjustment (side to side) and provides up to 9mm of additional sideways adjustment compared with a standard Speedplay base plate.
Using this plate is a smart way for larger or smaller riders to increase or reduce their stance width on the bike. The plate has two sets of cleat attachment holes, one in the standard position and one in the medial/lateral (side-to-side) position.
Features & Benefits
- The ML9 Speedplay Cleat Extender Plate provides an alternative way to change your pedal stance width outside of buying new pedals or adding to the length of the pedal axle.
- Increase or reduce stance width (Q Factor) for increased comfort in a natural pedaling motion
- Customize your bicycle fit
- Improve hip, knee, and foot alignment
- Can reduce pain, discomfort, or hot spots
Note: The ML9 Speedplay cleat extender plate loses the last 3mm of rearward plate adjustment compared with a standard Speedplay base plate. Use this plate only if you have enough rearward adjustment available on your shoe.
Kit Options (What’s in the Box)?
- L & R – Two plates / base plate screws / cleat screws / mini Torx tool
- L IN / R OUT – Single plate / base plate screws / cleat screws / mini Torx tool
- R IN / L OUT – Single plate / base plate screws / cleat screws / mini Torx tool
- This plate is designed to use Torx countersunk screws (provided). Using any other screws could produce compromised results.
- In some configurations, minor trimming of the blue Speedplay wedges might be necessary to achieve maximum rearward adjustment. This is easily done with a craft knife, drill, or both.
Other Cleat Extender Plate Choices
- Speedplay Cleat Extender Plate – MLR618 (kit) – Form – 18mm of rearward adjustment combined with 6mm of side-to-side adjustment
- Speedplay Cleat Extender Plate – R20 (kit) – Form – 20mm of additional rearward adjustment