The main purpose of this adapter is to provide better comfort for cyclists who suffer from metatarsal pain or hot spots. The adapter does so in two ways:
- the pressure point is moved away from the ball of the foot
- A much larger support area is provided, distributing the cleat pressure over a 4x larger area
- 20 mm extra rearwards displacement
- large area for pressure distribution
- 2 years warranty
- AISI430 Stainless steel
- Weight: 2 x 39g per set, including screws and largest size shims
- adds only 1.5 mm to the stack height.
- ONLY compatible with Shimano SPD
The SPIN2 adapter DOES NOT FIT
- shoes that have a fully recessed cleat groove. The adapter only fits shoe soles that have no protruding edges behind the cleat.
- shoes with only two threads available for the M5 bolts. Such baseplates might rotate.
- Specialized shoes with 13mm between the M5 thread rows in the inlay brackets
- 2x PatroCleats SPIN2 adapters
- 12x M5 8mm nylon-tipped screws
- 4x Insert nuts
- 3x sets of shoe-curvature shims