The Seat Height Tool is a handy bike fitting tool useful not only for bike fitters but for anyone adjusting a bike saddle height. You can measure, observe, set, and transfer measurements quickly and easily between bikes.
Floppy tape measures are often inaccurate while trying to measure a straight line from one part of the bicycle to another, especially to the top of the saddle. This elegant tool makes the measuring and setting of the saddle height so easy, quick, and accurate, you’ll wonder how you ever did without it.
How the Seat Height Tool Works
The tool engages onto the pedal spindle at the lower end, and the telescoping tube extends up for the top piece to sit across the saddle. A built-in level helps ensure accuracy, and the metric scale provides a reference to the millimeter. The twist lock sets the tool at either a measured or desired height.
With the Seat Height Tool, You Can (Benefits):
- Take a true seat height measurement, referenced off the pedal spindle rather than the bottom bracket. This takes into account the length of the crank arm, and so enables an easy transfer of seat height between bikes with different crank arm lengths.
- Set the recommended seat height if using the Fit Kit System
- Transfer the same seat height from one bike to another
- great for sending out bikes on test rides, or for cyclists with a fleet of bikes
- Reset a seat back to a known height
- in spin or indoor cycling classes
- if sharing/loaning bikes
Uses for the Seat Height Positioning Tool:
- Measure saddle height
- The Fit Kit System generates a saddle height which is applied from the center of the pedal spindle to the top of the saddle keeping the crank arm in alignment with the seat tube.
- Set the saddle at a predetermined height
- Find the vertical drop to the handlebars
- Measure reach to the bars
- This is a handy tool for those who travel frequently with their bicycle or transport their bike with the seat post removed. It will help in re-establishing your bike set up at the other end, without stopping and “tweaking” your saddle height or fore/aft position. Measure the seat height before you transport your bike, and set it up with the exact same measurements after you put the saddle on again.
- Spin Class instructors have found that it is beneficial in their classes to adjust saddle heights for their participants. Just measure the saddle height on the spin bike they are comfortable on, record the height, and the next time they come to class they can easily and quickly use this tool to readjust the saddle to their personal preference. When the saddle height is comfortable, their workout is more effective. If the spin bikes have adjustable stem length for reach to the bars, this tool will again easily measure the distance from the saddle to the bars for the proper workout position.
- Measurement range: 680mm to 1150 mm
- Handcrafted in the USA
- Manufactured by Fit Kit Systems