FORM’s patented MTB Leg Length shims are the only “walkable” MTB shim on the market and were developed specifically to overcome the issues inherent in traditional MTB shim designs. These shims are ideal for gravel, cyclocross or cross-country MTB riding where a relatively high amount of time is spent in seated pedaling, and are best suited to traditional MTB, gravel, or touring shoes utilizing an MTB or SPD style (2-hole) cleat.
Inherent issues in Traditional MTB or SPD Leg Length Shim Designs:
- difficulty when walking or clipping in
- a wobbly and unstable connection to the pedals
Walkable MTB Leg Length Shim V2 Problem Solving Features
- 2 parallel tread areas to protect the cleat and add clipped-in stability
- chamfered front feet which facilitate easy cleat engagement
- two sets of posts/tabs which protrude into the shoe to resist rotation
Leg Length Shim Usage Criteria
Leg length shims are used to increase the effective leg length of a shorter leg in cases where a cyclist suffers from a leg length discrepancy. Signs of a discrepancy can be:
- Overreaching on one side at the bottom of the pedal stroke
- Pelvis tilted or rider leaning to one side of the saddle to retain connection with the pedals (many times this is apparent in saddle wear on one side more than the other)
- One leg feeling under-extended whilst the other feels just right
Assuming a rider has been assessed to have a discrepancy, the issues above could be solved with the use of leg length shims.
MTB Shim Benefits
- Create a more equal leg extension
- Stabilize the pelvis
- A smoother and more controlled pedal stroke
- Increase efficiency
- Reduce Pain
What’s in the Box?
- 3mm main body
- Cleat Plate
- 1mm spacer
- 2mm stacker
- Longer screws.
Cleat Shim Stack Height Options
The base height is 3mm which can be increased to 6mm with the addition of a 1mm spacer and 2mm stacker:
- 3mm (main body only)
- 4mm (main body 1mm spacer)
- 5mm (main body 2mm stacker)
- 6mm (main body 1mm spacer & 2mm stacker)
V2 MTB Shim Compatibility
- All MTB cleats including:
- Shimano SPD
- Time ATAC
- Crank Bros.
- Look X-Track