The human body is imperfect and consequently, many cyclists experience pain and discomfort due to one leg that is longer than the other. Cycling or bike riding amplifies leg length discrepancy discomfort through thousands of pedal revolutions. Just a 1-hour ride at 80 revolutions per minute (RPM) equates to almost 5000 pedal strokes.
Shimano Cleat Spacers (SM-SH20) adjust the thickness of the Shimano SPD-SL 3-hole cleats to compensate for leg length discrepancies allowing you to enjoy your ride to the fullest without discomfort.
- Compensates for leg length discrepancies or differences
- May reduce cycling pain and discomfort
- Smooths pedaling motion
- Allows those with leg length discrepancies to evenly reach the pedals
- Genuine Shimano replacement part
- Cleat Spacers are stackable to provide between 1mm and 5mm of height adjustment
- Extended bolts included for installation
Shimano Cleat Spacers Compatibility
- Shimano SH-10 (red) SPD-SL 3-hole cleats
- Shimano SH-11 (yellow) SPD-SL 3-hole cleats
- Shimano SH-12 (blue) SPD-SL 3-hole cleats
- NOT RECOMMENDED FOR OTHER BRANDS OF CLEATS
- Stackable cleat shims & longer cleat fixing bolts
- (1) 1mm Stackable Cleat Spacer
- (2) 2mm Stackable Cleat Spacers
- (3) 10mm bolts (M5)
- (3) 13.5mm bolts (M5)
- (3) Total Shims and (6) Total Bolts
Bought a set to try and solve some mild hip pain. Simple to use, affordable, and has held up fine so far.
Unrelated to the product: I really love that it came packaged with no plastic. You would expect all the extra screws and such to come in single-use plastic bags that just eventually end up in the Pacific Ocean but nope. It also came with a sweet handwritten note. Thanks <3
Shimano recently changed their packaging to reduce the use of plastic. It’s great that a big company are leading by example, and nice of you to notice and comment.